All babies are born with a startle reflex and wrapping helps contain it. It helps to wrap them for feeding and for sleeping – to make them feel calm and safe. To achieve Cath’s wrap simply follow the tips below.
1. Place your baby in the centre of the wrap. Ideally, use a light muslin wrap about 1.2m x 1.2m. It’s really important that the wrap is nice and big.
2. Place your baby’s left arm by her side.
3. Place the wrap across their chest and tuck under the right arm.
4. Place your hand under the bottom and lift it up as you firmly tuck the wrap under her bottom.
5. Then, place your baby’s right arm down by her side.
6. Then, place the wrap across the baby’s chest.
7. When tucking under the left side under the baby, lift her arm up – which is already under the wrap.
8. Bring the lower part of the wrap up and place under the arms of your baby.
9. Make sure you wrap high above your baby’s waist and not around the hips.
10. Take the material at the end of the wrap, twirl it around your finger and tuck it under her arms.
And just like that you’ve achieved the magical Cath’s wrap! Cath’s wrap helps your baby feed and sleep better, try it and let us know the outcome!